View Single Post
Old 02-05-2015, 04:53 PM   #375 (permalink)
Z&I
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '09 370z 6MT FI
Z&I is a jewel in the roughZ&I is a jewel in the roughZ&I is a jewel in the roughZ&I is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by airikrankin View Post
what if you were to split the charge right out of the blower and have 2 pipes going to the manifold and placemthe mafs there?

edit:after looking at a few pics perhaps split piping at first bend? should have a long enough straight to weld on some maf bungs?
AFTER MUCH CONSIDERATION:

It has been becoming more evident that the Stillen isn't really upgradeable due to it's 50 state CARB legal approach.
It is nice enough for leisurly moderate ugrades but woefully inadequate for us Speed Junkies.

BUT - It is dangerously weak in design philosophy with the combining and placement of the MAF sensors Pre-SCR...!!!

The I/C located in the Stillen Manifold and the Heat Exchanger/Circulating Pump as such is insufficient when desiring to gain more power thru upgrades.

(Be Happy with 420 whp :-) or be sorry)

I'm almost forced to stick it out and work with the Stillen because of limited options - so here goes :

I'm now in the process of adding an additional Barrel type W2A I/C (Top
Quality) right after the SC'r and before the bend towards the TB's.
(This requires custom W2A heat exchangers).

I will be relocating the MAF sensors (1) each on either side of the 'Y' just before the TB's.

I don't think the Stillen manifold design is 100% thought out, not totally flawed but can be worked with.

Need to upgrade and relocate the BOV as well...

There will be enough space before the TB's to install Aquamist misters.
Mocking up the motor now to determine the exact dimensions and locations.

It will be my "Super Stillen" ... overcoming the major limitations of Stillen philosophy and shortsided design for those of us who want to upgrade performance ...

(There is a 'bit' more involved with the actual execution of the project since it is a novel solution to a bad situation - and it is a custom installation)

It can be done.

ps: I was a heartbeat away from ditching Stillen completely and going over to GTM stage 2 SC'r ... but they couldn't give me valid delivery date.
Their system has it's own limits as well ...

Let's face it ... the 'Z' resists performance enhancements.

I've been without the car for near over a year ... enuff is enuff ... I need to get back in the drivers seat and hit the drag strip !!!

Power ON

Last edited by Z&I; 02-05-2015 at 05:15 PM.
Z&I is offline   Reply With Quote