View Single Post
Old 02-04-2015, 10:20 AM   #29 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag_black View Post
^^ do you have anything else going on in your life besides bashing every thread from another vendor?

Tapatalk
Asking questions, giving advice and saying what others are saying and thinkings not bashing. If they are testing we are curious of all tests. Not just one. I did several tests and still doing some on my product. We are looking for something different here, not something old. My bad for wanting real info, least I'm not alone.

I'm a customer too! I want to know what $1200 buys me and everyone else. Catless eBay tests pipes are $100ish, these are $1300 I'm sure. What does $1200 get you power wise over a stock header and no cats? It's a fair question to ask and want to see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-rho View Post
For me, and perhaps others, this before-and-after would be interesting, because it best represents the potential gain from where we are, to where we "could be" with the spend on the headers.

Begin: A car that already has a cat-back, cold air intake, high flow cats (or test pipes), and an optimized tune

After (1): Remove stock manifolds and tp/hfc, replace with headers. Re-tune for the headers, preferably same day/dyno/conditions (I know the installs are a PITA)

After (2): Do the above, but install a catted y-pipe, for those of us that have to retain cats for emissions or racing rules reasons (SCCA Street Touring where I run)

The reason I didn't pull the trigger on a header is I haven't seen a proper before/after done yet - one where the contribution of just the header can be observed, with all other variables properly controlled.

Last edited by synolimit; 02-04-2015 at 10:27 AM.
synolimit is offline   Reply With Quote