View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 04:44 PM   #38 (permalink)
airikrankin
Base Member

Drives: 12 370z
airikrankin is on a distinguished road

ya was excited to see 3 pages of replies to only be let down, ha oh well i did consider the bp kit but i also do not want to buy a fi exhaust to mate up with it. i suppose if i were considering to diy turbo, a diy exhaust wouldnt be that hard to fap up. with the tt kits out now i cant swallow spending the 10k on a kit i will never push to its potential. i was considering selling the car in anticipation of the new z coming out but now its almost paid off and wouldn't mind boosting it and not having a car payment for awhile. for the price of the stillen kit for the hp gain, the bp kit is far more of a better choice. but with these oil-less turbos plumbing one up for a rear mount just seems like a cost effective approach for a diy turbo kit to make roughly 400hp. i live near a "tuner shop", so a dyno would be handy along with any issues that may arise, iv dont a custom turbo build before and also have done a custom supercharger build before. so i understand what is involved. iv read a few post of owners of the sts kit say there is no lag, wich im quite sure that there is but are claiming to hit full boost by 3500rpms with videos on youtube to prove it. i have only skimmed the 350z forums for issues with the sts kit and it seems like the only issues are with sts themselves not the turbo placement. there are i think 3k replies to the official sts turbo thread wich is mostly people complaining about sts. i need to get my car up in the air perhaps there is a closer place for it, has anyone been under thier z lately to think of a "cavity" it could be placed or is it fairly tight?
airikrankin is offline   Reply With Quote