View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 01:56 PM   #21 (permalink)
dP3NGU1N
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 PW sport 6mt
dP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroydsouza View Post
I absolutely love the hiss. I do not even know why people do not like the hiss. However the ART's are causing annoying rasp/rattle. I would like to see if my ART's will cause the same on the ARK.
If the DTS is too silent, Ill go the HFC route anyway (FI )

Some questions for you though.

When the car is idle, Does it have a (best description) rumble ?
Butt dyno any different ?
Turbo Compatible ? ( Some exhausts are too restrictive for turbo or so i understand)
Once the car is warmed up, the idle is incredibly silent. Which is fine by me. I don't want it making a lot of noise unless I'm flooring it anyway. In fact, it's down right civil until about 4000 rpm. There is some rumble if you're standing behind it, you can really hear the cylinders firing. However, it's pretty quiet in the cabin. This is coming from someone who has his entire interior stripped out in the hatch area.

With some effort, I can hold a mobile conversation at highway speeds. Actually, most of the noise in the cabin is still coming from the tires rather than the exhaust.

I think the gains come mostly from the less restrictive cats. Honestly with the same diameter headers, you're not looking at much. The principle is to create less restriction in air flow and I'm not certain that an exhaust adds as much to that equation as HFCs or test pipes. The key is that exhausts are basically trumpets for your engine, and these sound great, IMO. In short, butt dyno is mostly the same if you swap exhaust only. But you certainly sound like you're going faster.

You're going to want 3" piping with a turbo. HKS is the answer for that. Or custom exhaust.