View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 01:27 PM   #16 (permalink)
dP3NGU1N
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 PW sport 6mt
dP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud of

As someone who's owned both, here are my opinions and maybe some facts.

1. I don't think the ark DT-S has 3" piping. Last I measured, they both have the same piping diameter, so I don't know what Zoren is talking about.

2. Ark grip is louder than DT-S

3. Ark grip hang's lower than DT-S. If you want to lower your car, get the DT-S. This is the reason I switched. Once I got coils, I was scraping too often. It wasn't so bad without a bunch of weight in the car. But once I loaded it up for track days it was nearly un-drivable (i stuff two full sized rims/tires in the boot, though.)

4. DT-S adjustable tips. I'm not a huge fan because they have bolts coming out of them for the adjustment but that's a subjective thing. Grip is nice and clean.

I think the quality was fine on both. I enjoyed the grip when I had it and was a little disappointed that the DT-S was a little quieter but it fit and worked well on the track so I'm happy. I had them both paired to FI HFCs so they were a little louder than they would be if I had them hooked onto the stock cats. No drone on EITHER exhaust, however, there is a "hiss" on decel, which I don't mind. In fact I kind of like it. This is due to HFCs, but something to consider if you have HFCs is that these exhausts do nothing to prevent a hiss.

I'll try to answer any other questions as they come up.