View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 12:44 PM   #37 (permalink)
jwick
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 G37 6MT
jwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil912 View Post
I was thinking of going with ZSpeed steel flywheel, but if I don't get a lighter flywheel, I won't be terribly upset. I do like the the idea of having a 19-20 lb. flywheel. I will see what I get quoted for install cost for clutch, flywheel, and csc. To jwick, I was personally thinking of buying the full face. What problems are you having with the full face? What difference in clutch feel will I have by going 6 puck? I will go do some google research also.
Talking to Z1 is on my to do list. I'm not positive but when I get the car good and hot with some heated runs the clutch seems to slip a little but I'm still experimenting to make sure it's not something else. I only have 400 miles on the upgraded setup.

I would assume the 6 puck can hold more power but will be a little more grabby. If the clutch is gone then I get the Z1 6 puck if it's just a disk swap. If it's pressure plate too I might make the switch to Southbend and get one that holds a lot more power.

In fairness I never expected to be running this level of torque but my setup seems to make a ton of it.

jwick is offline   Reply With Quote