View Single Post
Old 02-01-2015, 01:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtrat View Post
The rubber black front lip on my 2011 Sport/Touring is pretty beat up from 4 years of abuse on the curbs when parking. On the left side it's starting to come out of the holes and detach. I went to my local dealer and he doesn't know how this is attached, bolts, screws, etc. Can anyone tell me the difficulty of replacing this and the cost and possible better source? My dealer is quoting $250 just for the part.
wtf @ your dealer. it's held on by rivets. go to another dealer

if you dont have a rivet tool, you can buy screws, washer, nuts at acehardware and bolt it up. you will need a drill to drill through the existing rivets to remove them. it's not hard to do.

i suggest you do at WTB in your region. chances are there's someone with a decent one they'd let go for cheap. GL
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote