View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 08:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
antennahead
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '07 Z4 "M" Roadster
antennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
Why would those tires benefit from sways? Would they compensate for understeer in a 40mm stagger setup? I'm rather new to some of these mod interactions.
Some of the pros here are better equiped to answer this, but from my research, aftermarket sways will typically reduce understeer and move the car back towards neutral. For example, I am about to add Stillens to my car, daily driver. The fronts are 29% stiffer than stock, and the rears, in their stiffest setting (which everyone here recommends, as well as Stillen) are 70%stiffer than stock. So you can see, this sway setup will dial oversteer back in, taking the car from factory understeer more to neutral. A 40 or 50mm stagger will add understeer, so if your sway setup has taken the car to neutral or slight oversteer, that much stagger will dial some oversteer out.

John