View Single Post
Old 01-31-2015, 03:08 PM   #20 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

An interesting story about correction factors...

When I sold my dyno to my friends Viper tuning shop, we setup the dyno lab over there and I was the operator for a while. We had a long desk off to the left side of the dyno with all the equipment and computer.

On this one particular car not long after setting up we noticed the numbers keep getting higher every pass... To the point of ridiculously high. Eventually we notice that its just the corrected numbers going way up, uncorrected numbers are being consistent.

That was the clue we needed... then we figured it out. This was the first side exit exhaust Viper we had run since the new setup. It was blowing all its exhaust straight at the dyno electronics box, and the correction factor was compensating for insanely high temperature as the exhaust heated up the shelving compartment. LOL I wish I could remember what it was saying the room temperature was but it was HOT.