View Single Post
Old 01-29-2015, 01:06 PM   #153 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo370z View Post
So you think 350 maybe 365 with e-85 and a upgrade in the fuel system (all bolts) is all the VQ can crank out, without the use of a dry sump and jun cams?
Don't be mad, not trying to start anything...but 330ish, maybe 340 on a good day. I think Z1 did show after begging 340 on E on SAE with everything included full port jobs on TB's and mani's. Question I have now though is how did their DJ show 340 when mines showing 312 minus E. I mean I'll take 28hp for E!!!

"This is also important for comparing results at the same dyno shop, for example, here in Las Vegas our atmospheric pressure stays relatively consistent, but our temps vary from 38 degrees to 118 degrees. So the same car with no changes will certainly make less power on the hot day compared to the cool day, but applying the SAE CF allows us to make an “apples to apples” comparison. If you take anything away from the last few sentences, it would be to ask your dyno operator to make sure that he is showing you SAE corrected HP figures, and before I get off my soap box, I will say that there are certain Dynojet dyno owners who apply the “STD” correction factor, and that’s not proper to do. The STD CF is an older standard that yields slightly higher HP numbers, so don’t allow yourself to fall into the trap (just use the SAE CF!!)."

Last edited by synolimit; 01-29-2015 at 01:11 PM.
synolimit is offline   Reply With Quote