View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 05:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
speedworks
Track Member

Drives: PW purchased 01/09
speedworks is on a distinguished road
Default Another Stillen G3 Install

After receiving the G3 from Kyle at Import Parts Pro (for a great price, thanks), I decided to tackle the install today. Having all the right tools, and lots of experience in this type of installs, I was suprised how long it took. It took me a good 4 hours, of which most of the time was getting alignment of the intakes (filter location, connection of upper/lower pipes aligned), and wrapping/protecting the various wires/parts in the area, to prevent any future problems with vibrations/abrasion. The other part that took some time was aligning the corners of the bumper back on so there wasn't any gap. Those of you who did this in less then 2 hours, must have just gotten lucky on location and alignment of the upper to lower parts. Regardless, everything seems fine, had to reset the windows/radio/clock, and then decided to take a drive. Unfortunately, it is snowing out so I couldn't evaluate any improvements, but the sound is nice. I guess when the roads dry up I will get an idea. Thanks to those who did the DIY for taking off the Bumper and the G3 install - both clearly stated what needed to happen. Next is the FI CBE, expecting that in the next 2 weeks. Oh yeah, cutting the holes was real simple with a dremel, and I used a lot of hose pieces to protect various wires/tubes, and wrapped the lower tubes with plummer gaskets to prevent any rubbing/noise within the holes.
speedworks is offline   Reply With Quote