View Single Post
Old 01-28-2015, 08:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
gomer_110
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '11 Nismo #528 GM
gomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond repute

While I'm no expert by any stretch, I would say the concept of what you want to do is viable. In reality though I think it's probably more of an undertaking than anyone outside of Nissan engineers are capable of. To date no one in the aftermarket to my knowledge has anyway of fully controlling the vvel system via tuning. Basically you'll have to reverse engineer the entire control system as very little data exists outside of Nissan about the actual electronic control of the system.

If you do go down this road, good luck. I'm sure there are some hardcore track guys on here that wouldn't mind being able to fully control vvel system. Personally, having the ability to essentially have a programmable camshaft has always intrigued me.
'11 370Z Nismo #528 Fast Intentions | Stillen | Motordyne | Uprev | CSF | Zspeed | Z1 Motorsports | AST | Swift | SPC | SPL | Whiteline | Hotchkis | Bride | Schroth | Robispec | Cusco | Nismo | Volk | Forgestar | Hoosier | RJM
'17 Titan Bone Stock
gomer_110 is offline   Reply With Quote