View Single Post
Old 01-28-2015, 08:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

First figure out a way to get control of your VVEL, and then it should come pretty easy to eliminate the throttles (in theory at least. but there will be obstacles that might make it unfeasible). As of right now, there is no known EMS with direct VVEL support.

I believe that the throttles are active a lot more than you are thinking though. I only recall the vacuum gauge going dead when running at a steady load for a few moments. Any time the load changes, it seems to go back to throttles.

Who knows if the VVEL will be able to manage a stable idle on its own. And if not... then that is that, you are dead in the water with the throttle-less project

Speed density would be a real trick, but I think you could do it with some compensation tables based on VVEL position. I feel like tuning that would be a nightmare.

Last edited by phunk; 01-28-2015 at 08:47 PM.
phunk is offline   Reply With Quote