Thread: Kansas City
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2015, 08:40 AM   #3496 (permalink)
Ghostvette
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 Magma Red 6MT
Ghostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tower74 View Post
I was told that will have to be taken up in small claims court because the insurance company does not get involved in decreased value due to accidents reported on the vehicle.
Depends on the state and the way the insurance related laws are written. In Kansas, it says something along the lines that after an accident, the victim must be make whole, which generally includes diminished value. Talk to the insurance commissioners office, they should give you straight scoop on that. Based on what I've heard, small claims court is for amounts usually under 2k, diminished value on a GT-R is probably going to blow that out of the water. I've got a diminished value claim pending with Allstate after the idiot backed into my car, we'll see how it turns out.