View Single Post
Old 01-28-2015, 07:43 AM   #60 (permalink)
victorofhavoc
Base Member

Drives: 2014 370z
victorofhavoc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nis350 View Post
This is a great unbiased post. Many simply add after-market parts to improve the performance of the car, but it is the drivers that need the improvements as many simply don't have the ability to reach the full potential of cars.

I personally feel that the Sport version is plenty good and a good compromise as DD.
I personally feel the sport version is rough as a DD...It's why I drive a Forester XT as my DD. Honestly though, the sport has the LSD and wheel width to handle pretty much anything. With a better set of dampeners and wheels the driver will definitely be the limiting factor. Out of the 2 autox races and one sprint I took my car to last year, I beat several people with aftermarket sway bars, spring setups, and even coilovers. Most people don't even know how to properly tune a coilover so they're often a waste. The only person that beat me had a set of Konis and better tires. He was only .5-1 second faster in autox though, which could be more tire than anything.