View Single Post
Old 01-27-2015, 01:17 PM   #53 (permalink)
Magic Bus
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 17 6MT M2
Magic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
I started to write about the M235i but it turned into a novel. Let's just say I test drove one on a whim, with zero expectations, and have not stopped thinking about it since.

The NISMO and M235i are two completely different cars. Do you want a refined, comfortable daily driver that still offers tons of performance, or do you want a raw sports car with fewer features?

IMO, the 2015 Nismo is the same as it was in 2009, save for interior enhancements and the new body design. At $46k+ it's a waste of money to me. Aside from the seats and the body kit it offers no additional performance over a regular 370Z Sport.

I feel like you get more for your money with the BMW, but ultimately it depends on what you want out of your car.
Mwagner, I agree with what mustang has said. I don't own a M235 but got to drive one very hard over different types of roads. I was very impressed as it has precise steering, handles great and accelerates very well. It's smooth and quiet of road noise as compared to the Z. It's a car that is engineered very well and has me considering an M car as my next car.

Here's the weird thing though, when I got back into my Z to drive home. I enjoyed driving the Z more. The only performance mod I have, is an exhaust on the Z. I guess the steering feedback (235 is precise but lacks feel) and rawness of the Z is something I never realized I enjoyed that much. Electronic gadgets/features, leather seats don't get me excited but the raw feel of a sports car does. As mustang said above, two completely different cars and it depends on what you want out of your car.
Magic Bus is offline   Reply With Quote