View Single Post
Old 01-27-2015, 02:55 AM   #40 (permalink)
Vaibe
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370z Gray
Vaibe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonRizz View Post
Knu makes a decent amp kit. Odd that it doesn't come with a remote lead. You don't have to get that anyplace special, its just an 18ga stranded wire. What brand are the 12's? trust me, one is plenty for the Z.
Building a ported box, if its something you've never done before can be tricky. Be sure to follow the specs for it to the letter. dimensions on a ported box must be pretty accurate. Good luck with it, and get some pics up when its finished.........
They're JL Audio. I believe they're JL W4's, and the amp is a JBL GT0601.1. Here's an album: imgur: the simple image sharer

I picked them both up for $200. They seem pretty new, and the subs feel pretty good. They sound great to me.

The only remote lead wire I can find online is like 50ft and it's like $10, I don't really need that much. I'll probably stop by car toys or radio shack.

Also, I was talking to an audio shop and they said to build a ported box, it'd have to be pretty big. So I'm going to have them build me a sealed box.

Edit: Another thing, the Knu kit says it comes with an 80A fuse, is that sufficient for the amp I have? I'm not really sure about this stuff, but the amp has two fuses. Should that be a concern?

Last edited by Vaibe; 01-27-2015 at 03:02 AM.
Vaibe is offline   Reply With Quote