View Single Post
Old 01-26-2015, 10:01 PM   #41 (permalink)
Mwagner07
Base Member

Drives: 2017 370z Red Nismo
Mwagner07 has a reputation beyond reputeMwagner07 has a reputation beyond reputeMwagner07 has a reputation beyond reputeMwagner07 has a reputation beyond reputeMwagner07 has a reputation beyond reputeMwagner07 has a reputation beyond reputeMwagner07 has a reputation beyond reputeMwagner07 has a reputation beyond reputeMwagner07 has a reputation beyond reputeMwagner07 has a reputation beyond reputeMwagner07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default My dilemma also: M235ix or '15 370z Nismo

My dilemma also: M235ix or '15 370z Nismo..

I'm coming off a lease soon from a G37X.. I will not be looking back.
Prior to this I drove the crap out of a Yellow 09 6MT 370Z Spt/Tour - Loaded with every option, I just started having electrical issue which has moved me into leasing. That's the back story...

I recently freely, no sales rep in car, drove the BMW M235i (non x drive) in 8 spd auto and all I can say is damn it I want it.. but the looks of the car doesn't even come close to the new '15 Nismo's sexy lines.
I know the nismo is going to be more rigid, louder interior and have the slower sloppy 7AT shifts - (exhale) it is so sexy though!

I'm looking to get out of the 6MT and into the paddle shifting of the newer cars.. Before the whole "connection to the drive" arguments drop, I have my zx10R to have fun with gears.. I enjoy my cigar and coffee and live in a small city so standard gets old quick. Now as far as the options on the Bimmer well all I can say is I was so connected to the vehicle and acclimated to the paddle shifters in minutes. I fell in love with it.. The amount of torque that is delivered so earlier was very impressive. The steering is neutral, balanced.
Drive postion was flawless and round cabin seeing was good. The adaptive suspension took the bumps very very composed. Setting the car in Sport+ I was touching speeds in 100+mph on my test drive. The car felt like I was doing 60 and then I said to my self... where do I sign?

Now remembering back to my 09 Z I loved driving that car. It looked great, braked well, held the road like it was on rails.. I guess it comes down to raw and sexy vs refined smooth. They both cost about the same at the $45-$47K point.

Now for the wrench... The potential of the M2 and the Next Gen Z (3.0 Twin Turbo) and also the Q60.. I might buy a rat rod just to bide my time until I can work thru my mental block... a 36 month lease is along time to date the wrong chick.

- Anyone out there that's had their a$$ in both of the cars I wrote about, PLEASE let me her your opinion.. Thanks
Mwagner07 is offline   Reply With Quote