View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 12:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache_Driver View Post
Awesome advice... I will use all the above advice and come back and let you know which one was the best for the job at hand.

Soft paper towels, such at those sold by Griots Garage, do not swirl your paint, and neither does windex. Windex is actually the preferred method for removing a lot of nasty sticky things, such as "Love Bugs", in the South that stubbornly adhere to paint surfaces. We use regular paper towels (not Griots) to apply Speed Shine to my father's rather delicate Ferrari's and haven't ever had a problem with paint swirling... so I'm not too sure I would be super paronoid about hurting your car with them, unless you are using those cardboard paper towels they sell for hospitals and airport bathrooms.

Clay bar will be the first to bat, as I plan on waxing today anyways.

Cheers
depends how much pressure you use with those paper towels. im an avid Griot's user so ive tried their towels before and they are great for paint...but for wheels mostly. i use papertowels to remove bird crap but that's about it.

when working on a long adhesive marking you're probably talking about from those white packaging sheets car manufactures put on, use a soft microfiber towel.

you use products from Griot'sGarage yet you're using windex?
windex belongs on your stove tops. get at least their WindowCleaner for glass. use the right products for the right task.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote