View Single Post
Old 01-26-2015, 10:52 AM   #7372 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by happytheman View Post
Blew my front passenger Michelin PSS last eve, and now I find out that the 265/35 19 is on back-order for possibly two months.

I can put a Michelin PS2 on it, but not sure. I've never run mismatched tires.

I need some advice on this. What do you all think?
If you can't find the single tire you need, I would look to see if you can get two of the PSS in a different width (like 255 maybe?) faster than the 2 month wait. The alternative is to run two different treads. It's not a great idea for a DD that sees a lot of inclement weather (differing treads can wreak havoc on steering and traction in extreme cases), but for a lot of people it's not that big of a deal. I did it for about 5K miles after the stock rears went. And I'm doing it right now because one of my rears separated and a fellow forum member that works at a tire place hooked me up with some used rear tires for $50 apiece.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |