View Single Post
Old 01-26-2015, 09:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
TopgunZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 06 350Z , 09 370Z MT
TopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Yellow "Key" light after engine swap

After swapping my built motor in and hooking everything up I get this yellow light which is the "Intelligent Key" light. The car will come on with accessory lights but when clutch is pressed and start button is pressed it shuts down everything.

The fob allows me to lock and unlock the car so it is still communicating with it.

I did try to start it the first time with the manifold off, fuel injector harness unplugged, and the spark plugs out, so I could lube everything up internally without pressure before it actually was running. After it did the key light to me i hooked everything up thinking it is sensing that sensors are unplugged. But, got the same results.

Do I need to tow this to a dealer to reprogram the key to the car? Is there any other way or "trick" to getting this yellow key light off and allowing the car to start?

Wondering if anyone with an engine swap has encountered this.