View Single Post
Old 01-26-2015, 12:41 AM   #49 (permalink)
oscargarza88
Base Member

Drives: Miata
oscargarza88 is on a distinguished road

So i installed the nismo shocks with the Swift springs this afternoon.
Installation:
Pretty straight forward no issues.
Picture of the difference from nismo shocks with springs and with the swift ones:

Quick tip on compressing springs:lol they dug into the ground and stayed quite in place.

Initial Impressions:
-They feel stiffer in a way that after bumps and imperfections in the road the suspension settles faster. I don't know if i can say it feels more comfortable until driven harder its just different. I like it though.

*im not going to get an alignment for a week to let the suspension settle so initial impressions might change*

Turn in is most definitely improved. Much more feedback at turn in and if front is settled it stays that way and sticks through the corner.
The rear is more loose and the back end slides out easier than before at low/medium speeds. Im guessing this is due to the increased negative camber more than the springs, at longer faster corners it feels more planted. Like i said these are initial impressions so most likely going to change.

As far as the drop I noticed it as soon as i left my driveway the plastic piece under the bumper scraped the driveway. That piece is not going to last long im sure.
These pictures are in a incline so the front looks higher than it is. i will post better pictures tomorrow.

This really makes me want to get spacers. Ive heard 15mm up front and 20mm in back is ideal right?

Ill drive it for a couple of days and post again with further impressions and pictures after it settles and from the rear to show the new negative camber.

Thanks
oscargarza88 is offline   Reply With Quote