View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 11:10 AM   #8 (permalink)
Apache_Driver
Base Member

Drives: 2009 Nissan 370z
Apache_Driver is on a distinguished road

Thanks Azn370z... I actually have a bottle of Goo Gone lying around in the garage somewhere.

I've only every used it on my old Jeep Wrangler who's paint job I never cared about, and on the rims of my RX-8. After using it to remove "Love Bugs" (this swarm of pointless bugs that comes out in the deep south once a year and sticks like glue to your car) from my jeep, I would always have blue residue (the color of my jeep) on the rag I was using to take it off. Maybe if I had a few coats of wax on her that wouldn't be a problem, but it since made me paranoid about using it on paint surfaces. If you didn't have a problem and it worked, then I will absolutely try it if all else fails.

It's actually snowing outside right now in the DC area and I'm not going to take my baby out of the garage till it quits. Going to try clay bar on one spot, WD-40 on another, and 3M adhesive remover last because I found a bottle of that lying around.

Seems like such a minor problem, but I appreciate all the help because I want to keep the paint showroom perfect for as long as I can. Thanks again for the continuing advice.

Cheers
Apache_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote