View Single Post
Old 01-25-2015, 03:25 PM   #22 (permalink)
PaulZ370
Track Member

Drives: 011 370 BSM/T/SP/6MT
PaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud of
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil370z View Post
thanks guys, i guess it is normal, i just got paranoid that something was up with my car. when the car is rolling the temp goes down, so it sounds about right. 25 row oil cooler should be good ? i live in ny. its my daily driver except blizzards. i don't track / no intention of force induction at all. i drive regularly and sometimes aggressively i mean who dosent with a Z lol.
I have a 19 row Stillen Oil cooler, and I live in Louisiana where summer ambient temps reach 100F easily. However, I found that I had to block off all but the top 3 rows in order to keep my oil temps at 180F in the winter when ambient temps run in the lower40'sF, and in the summer, even with the blocking plate still in place, I run max temps of 230F under moderately aggressive driving with an ambient of 100F.

Moral of the story is that you need a minimum of an oil cooling system if you are not planning on aggressive or track driving. Oil temps have to reach 220F or thereabouts when entering the oil cooler so that any water condensation scavenged by the oil from the internal combustion reaction when the engine is cold can evaporate out of the oil otherwise it will remain as a contaminant which reduces the lubrication and protection effectiveness of the oil . Given that the z's engine is a high revving engine, this reduced effectiveness can and will cause damage.

BD2ZBN :: 2011 BSM/TRG/SP/6MT/Stillen Oil Cooler/K&N CAI/Michelin PSS/Brake Light/EIBACH Sway Bars/FI Res. HFC+18" Res. CBE/Morimoto XB LED/DRLs/10mm Spacers
PaulZ370 is offline   Reply With Quote