View Single Post
Old 01-24-2015, 06:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
boosted180
Base Member

Drives: '09 370z sport 6m
boosted180 is on a distinguished road

I have the same problem with brake shudder at high speeds under hard braking.

I haven't tracked my car in almost 2 years and hardly drive my car on the street, so I haven't looked closely into trying to fix this problem, but it's been there for quite some time.

At freeway speeds (70+mph), if I get on the brakes hard (like slowing down for an exit ramp), it shudders badly. Then if I get off the brakes and back on again, it's ok. It's almost as if the pads weren't properly seated and then after the initial hard braking, it's fine. Then if I speeded up again and got on the brakes again, no problem. And even the initial braking, it only vibrates and shudders if I brake hard.

I just want to get this taken care of now b/c I want to start tracking again.

Another problem I've been having is weird clunking, chattering, noises in the suspension (I think it's the suspension) that only happens at low speeds. Like driving around in the parking lot. It happens most noticeably after I've been driving fast and slowing down quickly and then steering. Not sure if it's related to the braking issue.

I have stock wheels and NT05's stock sizes. -2.25 camber front and -1.75 rear, and a hint of toe-in in the rear (don't remember exact number).

Sway bars with aftermarket end links, adjustable camber arms front and rear, Eibach springs, everything else stock.

I found that the ball joints on the control arms in the front are worn out and ordered new ones. Could that be causing the clunking noises?

I was going to resurface the rotors and see if that helps with the braking, but I don't think that's the problem since if it was warped rotors, the vibration/ shudder would happen all the time, not just on initial hard braking. I think the pads are not seated or something more along those lines??
boosted180 is offline   Reply With Quote