View Single Post
Old 01-24-2015, 07:46 AM   #523 (permalink)
Tadpole
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Nissan 370Z A7
Tadpole has a reputation beyond reputeTadpole has a reputation beyond reputeTadpole has a reputation beyond reputeTadpole has a reputation beyond reputeTadpole has a reputation beyond reputeTadpole has a reputation beyond reputeTadpole has a reputation beyond reputeTadpole has a reputation beyond reputeTadpole has a reputation beyond reputeTadpole has a reputation beyond reputeTadpole has a reputation beyond repute

No radar detector is fullproof. I was a cop in the military and I use to lock the gun waiting on a speeder. Once they got close enough, I pulled the trigger, locked the speed, and watched the front end dive of the car if they had a detector.
Honestly you do not need to spend a ton of money on a detector but you need to learn on how to use your detector in traffic and watch for hills, over passes, corners, and blind spots.
I have the cheapo Cobra detector and it works fine although it does pick up a lot more falses than the higher end models mentioned here.
If you have the funds I would say go for higher end models with the GPS to establish and remove almost all falses then after that the 100-200 range models are your best bet.