View Single Post
Old 01-24-2015, 07:37 AM   #25 (permalink)
Corsairprime
Base Member

Drives: 14 370Z Nismo GM 6MT
Corsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond reputeCorsairprime has a reputation beyond repute
Default My BT audio receiver, Aux input.

For my BT Audio solution on my 2014 Nismo with the Bose HU, I bought the:

HomeSpot NFC-Enabled Bluetooth Audio Receiver for Sound System

and the

UGREEN 3.5mm Auxiliary Audio Flat Cable 90 Degree Right Angle Compatible for iPhone, iPad or Smartphones, Tablets, Media Players Black 6ft/ 2m

From Amazon. I spent less than $40.00 total. Stashed the unit under the center console, plugged the flat 3.5mm 90 deg audio cable in to the aux input.

I get the full benefit of the existing Bose Head Unit sound and satellite along with the BT Streaming audio of my choice off my Android phone, Nexus 7 or iPad air. I am very happy with the results. I don't get the HU deck controls, but the phone/tablet/iPad all have reasonable controls that come with the app of Choice. I use pandora, Amazon streaming audio and sometimes Sirius Internet radio. On Long trips Netflix or a movie play well thru the speakers. The wife enjoys the diversion while I do the driving.

Obviously i could have replaced the whole head unit. Might have been better audio quality, but in my experience the audio quality is no better or worse with the $40.00 solution of the $600-$800 solution. Feel free to challenge my assertions, but if you don't try it first you'll never know.

Just my 2 pennies worth.

2014 Nismo #462, GunMetal Grey, GT-R Start Button, AAM S-Line/R-Line intake and S-Line exhaust, Berk HFCs, Osiris Tuned at JoTech
Corsairprime is offline   Reply With Quote