View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 07:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache_Driver View Post
Hello all,

Picked up my Z three days ago, and have had my hands all over it since. One thing I'm noticing a lot of is what appears to be tape markings or tape glue residue on the front hood and roof. I can rub some of it off with windex and a paper towel, but to get it all is going to involve either some serious friction or some kind of product that will loosen the glue without damaging the clearcoat.

I think the stuff is from whatever adhesive they use to put those white plastic sheets on the vehicle during shipping from the factory. But to be honest, I can't be sure what the source is. Regardless, has anyone else had this and found a successful way of removing the stubborn stuff without hurting the clearcoat in any way? I'm always afraid to put any chemicals on the paint before I get a few coats of wax on her (only factory wax is on atm), which is why any advice would be welcomed. Can include pics if necessary.

Cheers
Windex and papertowel?! You just swirled your paint.

For adhesives use any of the below on a clean surface:

-3M adhesive remover with soft microfiber towel, wax afterwards.

-Claybar and quickdetailer, soft microfiber towel. (This is what I used).

-WD40 with soft microfiber towel, wash and wax afterwards.

-RC car motor spray or nitro-cleaner with soft microfiber towel, wash and wax afterwards.

-Gasoline with soft microfiber towel, wash and wax afterwards.

Don't use paper towels on the car's panels as it will scratch the surface and be visible.
You can use soft papertowels on your wheels as needed.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote