View Single Post
Old 01-23-2015, 07:40 PM   #193 (permalink)
Boosted Performance
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Z's
Boosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by COSMO View Post
The comparison between the 2jz motor was just to show the psi rating for that turbo.

Wasn't sure of the inner diameter of the 3" exhaust but non the less it should be bigger to allow for more flow.

Sure you can run 17 psi on the stock maf's but it's really pushing the limitations due to the resolution.

Sasha has spoken everyone and for someone who makes these kits part time we should all listen too and never say anything without checking with him first...
Again, pressure is a result of resistance to flow, so comparing boost pressure between two very different engines with very different VE's is non constructive.

You can pressure up the charge tubes to 100 psi if you want, measure the MAF voltage, and they will read 0 Volts. It is a mass air FLOW sensor, not a pressure sensor.

I am sorry if my knowledge and experience sharing with the comunity is offending you. I build the kits, and have been for a long time. The feedback I get from pro-tuners is really what matters...so when they say that the MAF sensors are maxed out at 11-12 psi (with 2.75" pipes), it means that the system is working very efficiently and the engine is actually ingesting a lot of air. This is with the 2.75" charge pipes. I suspect that the 3" should be good to about 15 psi, assuming EBP is low and the turbines are capable of good flow.

You seem to have some hard feelings towards me...and I have a couple of guesses why. Just remember that in the end it was your call.
IG @boostedperformanceyeg
Boosted Performance is offline   Reply With Quote