View Single Post
Old 01-23-2015, 11:51 AM   #37 (permalink)
Amj2020
Enthusiast Member

Drives: MB Z,Jeep,BMW
Amj2020 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooltoy View Post
As a side note, I also received my Shine kit slightly damaged (some cracks in the white gel coat and small pieces of the gel coat missing on the corners. No damage to the actual fiberglass underneath the gel coat).

I talked to a body shop and they said that the damage can be easily repaired without any loss to the integrity of the kit. So I decided to keep it, instead of going through all the hustle of sending it back and having it replaced (without any guarantee that the new one will not get damaged as well).

After talking to Ken, he offered to pay for the repairs. We'll see how that goes.
I agree I do not blame Shine for Fedex having a belligerent driver with a deformed and opened package with damaged parts.

I also know If Ken needed time to wait to make the parts I told him personally to take his time as I am not a huge priority as time constraints go. As you may or may not know I recently ordered a Fujimura Front bumper and it came to my door completely destroyed, I put a post about it a few months ago. I want to get it all put on at once to blend it right, so he and I had a very cordial conversation about this. He is the one who emailed me on 11/19 telling me he was about to send my parts to me. I have not heard from him since, or been able to contact him, making this utterly ridiculous already.

Truthfully at this point it would have been cheaper to have a shop repair the parts than deal with this aggravation. Sadly I firmly believe if I pay for new parts then I should get brand new parts, not damaged ones.