View Single Post
Old 01-23-2015, 06:54 AM   #15 (permalink)
Neil912
Base Member

Drives: 14 Nissan 370Z MB M6
Neil912 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwick View Post
Don't worry about water. The turbo filter is tucked up nicely above the subframe. In fact I think it sits higher than one of the filters on the GTM TT kit in the nose of the bumper. If you go thru enough moving water to submerge the filter it's going to be enough water to carry your Z away and at that point you will have a lot bigger problems.

In my opinion the turbo in the BP kit is a better turbo than the one in the VSR lit because it's a twin scroll. My boost threshold is 2300-2400 rpms with full boost 3200-3300. The twin scroll Dan near acts like a TT setup. Turbo lag is a couple hundred rpms.

Thanks for the reply back on that! I really wanted that input on the water. The biggest problem in TN is the heavy downpours and the occasional hits in the puddles on the roads. Since that won't affect it then its and in the end it always comes down to pricing and what I feel comfortable spending. I could use the cash spent on another place for gauges, tires, and other stuffs. I'll try to see if Sasha could possibly have a 2.0 kit available by June/July time frame.
Neil912 is offline   Reply With Quote