View Single Post
Old 01-23-2015, 04:29 AM   #19 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Nismo#91 View Post
If you do every reasonable NA upgrade you'll only add a little more then 10% power on a nismo. There is not much you'll squeeze out of this engine unless you go FI. Other models see more of an improvement because of the restrictive stock cat back which nismo's don't have. Between all the decent intakes, I would say there's only a couple whp difference, so just go with the one you like for a decent manufacturer no ebay junk.
i dont know whats reasonable but you get more then 10% for sure. I'd guess the CBE could have a couple HP but all the powers going to be locked in both cars cats. the nismo does start out ahead though but in the end its all the same.

PS i made mine with ebay parts. id put it up against the gen 3. if the ebay MAF housing isnt proper then the car will need a tune! but after MAF rescale i cant see that much of a difference if we are talking long tubes vs long tubes. after all its just 2.5" OD pipe we're talking about here.