View Single Post
Old 01-23-2015, 04:02 AM   #13 (permalink)
Neil912
Base Member

Drives: 14 Nissan 370Z MB M6
Neil912 is on a distinguished road

Thanks everyone for the input so far! This board really does have some awesome people! I like the BP kit due to being the cheapest kit and easiest to do. Now my issue is with the mounting of the turbo and thats basically it. In Tennessee we experience a lot of rain and when it rains it pours. I will daily drive my car and I am afraid of what all that water is going to do to the turbo. Has anyone personally developed a custom shield for it that I may be able to replicate? I know that having the turbo underneathe helps with everything being cooler as well. I don't want to block air flow or cause too much heat.

I am looking at VSR as well and will contact them in a couple days after reading input and doing my own research. Because I am in Afghanistan I would need help with arranging the transport if I went this route and going over my total cost since they would need to also install the exhaust and clutch. I know it will be much higher than going BP, but should be less costly than the TT kits. The TT kits at this point are eliminated unless I decide to stay out here longer. I already did 15 months, took a 3 month break, and now 3 months again looking to be 7 or 8 months. Not sure I want to miss going back to school just to TT my car lol. Although, that would be one bad *** Z!

One thing I am curious about is the RPM at which the turbo begins to spool on both BP and VSR. I know that has to due mainly with the turbo housing and the size of the airflow amount...something like that.
Neil912 is offline   Reply With Quote