View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 12:10 AM   #13 (permalink)
FricFrac
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 300ZX 280ZX 240
FricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to FricFrac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zat_Zuma View Post
No, just probably the only ones with time to talk about it.

Personally I've had the Stillen exhaust on a 2003 and hated the high pitched whine from it. I switched over to Fast Intentions in 2007 with the convertable and loved it . It has a deep sounding rumble with minimal reasonance and if installed on the 370Z with SRS, it burbles on downshifts. Unfortunatly, I think, the F-I exhaust sounds horrible when reving the engine at a standstill and it's where Stillen sound shines. Fast Intention's real sound and character appear when driving and having the engine under load and did I mention it burbles on downshifts? The looks on bystanders faces says it all after a 370Z downshifts nearby with a Fast Intention exhaust installed. I've had thumbs up from Honda owners and even a few Porshe owners who like the sound and look of a F-I exhaust. Never did get that kind of public reaction with a Stillen exhaust.

I have the Fast Intentions Intimidator 2.5" and Berk HFC's installed.

That is my opinion and my opinion only. I have no regrets.
It's possible that the Stillen is a different beast from your 350Z. I've had people text and phone me and ask if I drove past their work/home, etc because of the sweet distinguished note of the Stillen exhaust. People I don't know are always commenting on how they love the sound - pulled up along side in traffic, at the race track, etc. Porsche, Ferrari, Audi R8s, Lotus, Beemers, etc, etc - I even had a guy in a Carerra GT tell me he really liked the sound of my exhaust (man that car is insane!). If there are haters I've never heard from them....