View Single Post
Old 01-22-2015, 12:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
jwick
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 G37 6MT
jwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil912 View Post
Hey guys, so I just wanted some input from all those that have gone the single Turbo route. I know Boosted Performance has a great looking DIY kit that I would definitely do myself...no installer fee! WOOT! It has a very good price for the high quality parts and work put into it. It also posts very good numbers for stock engines. To complement Boosted Performance I would purchase the F.I. Exhaust and I would get the Z1 clutch with the ZSpeed HD CSC and Master replacement. I am not sure if I will also get the flywheel or stay stock. For the BP kit I am paying tuning fees unless I jack everything to hell. The exhaust and clutch got quoted for $440 by Knoxville Performance and Dyno Tuning Center. All in all that is not too shabby in price for everything. For those that haven't upgraded the OEM MAFs, have you had any issues with A/F reading? Can the stock support 480 to 550 whp decently?
I have no AFR reading issues. I bounce around 14.7 closed loop and low 11's WOT. My MAFs are maxed out but that shouldn't be a problem for anyone buying a BP kit now as they now come with 3" intake tubes and my version is 2.75". I maxed the MAF at 503whp but some are running slightly more than that. The upgraded 3" intake tubes should eliminate MAF issues on a stock block. Now if you are building a block I would budget for the UpRev MAFs.

Z1's clutch setup is great, I have no issues with it but I would recommend the 6 puck. FI exhaust all the way!

Join the BP club bro, it's well worth it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDreamer View Post
Just buy the BP kit, it is not worth the hassle of having a shop do a custom build with unknown results. If you consider the custom route look at their history, have they done VQ single turbo builds, tuning experience, and level of confidence in doing it (do they seem iffy when they talk about it).

Last edited by jwick; 01-22-2015 at 12:33 PM.
jwick is offline   Reply With Quote