View Single Post
Old 01-22-2015, 08:48 AM   #35 (permalink)
ShinyaPGH
Base Member

Drives: 13 NISMO GM #300
ShinyaPGH is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobo View Post
no, i have not tracked motorcycles. I do ride a motorcycle, however, so i know what you are talking about. And yes, i know that when you are pushing, loss of traction is inevitable - ask me how i know. But you didn't exactly elaborate on your wrecks (which was clearly plural), so for all we knew, they were completely driver error (i suppose any complete loss of traction is rider error though, really...).

And i'm giving you a hard time because i give everyone a hard time. Don't take it personally :-p. I'm impressed that you tracked your bike, i have no urge to track mine.
trackday.jpgTrackday2.jpgtracday3.jpg

No problem. I was above average, usually rode with the Expert group (my track days were split into expert, intermediate & beginner).
Of course all of the wrecks are because of the driver errors. Everyone makes errors when they're pushing. Like I mentioned, if you're not wrecking, you're not pushing. And since I have a career, I couldn't afford to keep pushing. If I was getting paid to do it, it'd be a different story :-)
Though the 4 wheel track days and motorcycle track days are completely different animals, at least I understand the concept of the lines & apex, and I'm hoping it helps.
I wanted to ride way too fast for the streets, so I had to ride on the track, but it may have ruined me. I rode motorcycles all my life, and hung it all up 2 years ago.
ShinyaPGH is offline   Reply With Quote