View Single Post
Old 01-22-2015, 07:43 AM   #6 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoralZ View Post
I was told by my local speed shop that the stollen gen 3 would not make a difference on my 2015 Nismo but I was told otherwise by members here.

I think I trust the shop. They are well versed in 370Z and GT-R mods.
What exactly did the shop tell you? If you have a stock 370Z (doesn't matter whether Nismo or non-Nismo), the Stillen G3s will definitely give you increased horsepower. There is hard evidence. If the shop told you this is not true, then they're deliberately lying to you or just stupid. Go somewhere else.

If the shop told you that $500 intakes won't net you a noticeable increase in performance, then they may have just been trying to save your some cash. You would have found plenty of arguments like that if you had searched this forum in the first place. In fact, it was my first response in this thread.

Some people in search of the almighty horsepower have found the G3s net the most horsepower. Others who are looking for more value will argue a smarter decision is the post-MAF tubes and and aftermarket filters because they have decent gains and are much less expensive ($150ish). The fact of the matter is you will not notice the power increase in either of these mods because it's like a 3-4% net increase on 300 hp.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote