View Single Post
Old 01-21-2015, 11:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
juld0zer
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 11 Nissan 370Z MB M6
juld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond repute

that's how Nissan designed the system. it prevents brake launches in 7AT. on either transmission, the max throttle position is the throttle position at the moment the brake switch was tripped.

So if you are cruising on the motorway at 60mph with say 20 degrees throttle opening, then you decide to step on the brakes gently out of curiosity (enough to bring the brake lights on but not cause significant deceleration) while maintaining constant pressure on the gas pedal, the car should not accelerate any faster if it is level ground. if you depress the gas pedal further, the throttle opening angle should not open beyond 20 degrees.

With that in mind, the same throttle limiting also occurs when accelerating from a stand still. This is what happens in a faulty brake switch scenario where the switch is defective or incorrectly adjusted. In this scenario, the throttle position when the brake switch was tripped = idle throttle position. So that's why when you come to take off, everyone's left you and you're struggling to even get off the line
You probably have noticed that around 3500rpm the limiting seems to relax and the car suddenly breaks free and roars, then u change gear and the limiting happens again... then 3500rpm and roar again. I had no speed limit either. Like yours, mine just took an eternity to reach redline. I actually ran out of road before it reached redline in my neighbourhood testing

Hope that helps
juld0zer is offline   Reply With Quote