View Single Post
Old 01-21-2015, 08:17 AM   #26 (permalink)
ShinyaPGH
Base Member

Drives: 13 NISMO GM #300
ShinyaPGH is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENZ View Post
In all honesty everything depends on what he wants to do with the car. If it's going to be a street driven and tracked for fun occasionally or if it is going to be a dedicated track car. Seat time is key but if it's not the main point of the car then maybe what he wants to do would be fine. No need for a shopping list, I agree with that comment, however one key needed component track or street driven is and oil cooler. That's a given. The rest is subjective and dependent on his goals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds like an oil cooler and brake mods are on the top of the list.
I don't really have a goal. The car will be a weekend cruiser / occasional track day car. Nothing serious. Looks are important, too as it's supposed to be my "fun" car. Otherwise, I would've been looking at STis or EVOs lol
You guys are right about the seat time, though. But I'm a "planning" kinda guy, so I thought I'd post on here and get some ideas. I like uniqueness in cars, so a body kit is a must for me. My daily driver is a Toyota Venza, so I need a bit of flashiness in my weekend car.
If someone would've told me NISMO would be a better car to start with, I would look at it, but from what I gathered, NISMO isn't really any faster (traction problem?). I read somewhere that it comes with stickers saying you shouldn't use a car wash because the huge wing may get damaged? So, getting a used 370z touring model seems like a good start, especially I can find one several thousands cheaper than NISMOs.
I thought about forking up the money for an used GT-R, but I like to have the clutch, even though GT-R's semi-automatic shifts faster than any human can.

No other recommendation on the Nissan tuner other than the one in eastern Pa?
ShinyaPGH is offline   Reply With Quote