View Single Post
Old 01-21-2015, 07:10 AM   #7 (permalink)
Powerwiz
Base Member

Drives: 2015 Nissan 370Z MT
Powerwiz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rochambeaux View Post
Hopefully you don't/won't have to rely on it in a heavy traffic situation. Example: Last weekend we traveled to Ft. Worth. We used the Z's Nav and I also had Google Nav on my phone. Google alerted us to an accident with a massive delay and routed us around it. The Z Nav just kept trying to put us back on the original route. That one incident saved us roughly 45 minutes.

Coming home Google diverted us around another accident (not as major) that the Z Nav missed as well.

The Bluetooth and USB functionality I'm talking about can be seen in the system Nissan is putting in the 2015 Rogue. You can connect via Bluetooth or USB cable to an Android phone and manage your music library totally from the car system - search, list, playlists, etc.

The Z's system is rudimentary at best and borderline dangerously distracting for how much time you have to fiddle to do anything.
Fort Worth as well. On Nav systems I do not know what your eperience is but they generally all suck. My wifeys KIA Optima..thing sucks with about the same functionality. My mother has a pretty new Mercedes and I'm a Sys Admin guy who works on Aircraft Electronics...I have yet to figure out the dam thing.

Go over to Ford who threw in the towel recently on there own in house system...it sucked even after pouring tons of money in it.

Basically all built in Nav systems they for the most part suck. There something that is designed with a smaller budget and hits the wicket points automotive manufacture's have. There in most cases a secondary thought not a primary.

I do get pretty decent traffic alerts via Sirius but not all of them...dont really care as if I am about to hit a traffic jam in Fort Worth most likely my fate is going to be sitting in it.

I never really stream anything from my phone except some radio pod casts. I keep a dedicated mp3 player in my center arm rest.

Generally all in all any smart phone is superior Nav to just about any car Nav system...cheap or expensive.
Powerwiz is offline   Reply With Quote