View Single Post
Old 01-20-2015, 10:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
theZspot
Base Member

Drives: 2013 370z Nismo 6MT
theZspot is on a distinguished road
Default Two Freak Occurences With No Power

2013 Nismo

Ok so here we go, about a month after I got the car (July) I started her up and let her warm as usual. Got in her and went off down the road and it had no power at all. Stillen Gen 3s and a catback. It didn't miss, clutch didn't slip, nothing out of the ordinary besides feeling like it had about 200 less horsepower maybe more. Revved all the way through the range to red line even driving just no power at all. Factory tune. Shut her off. When I got to my destination went inside for a while and when I left she was perfect again.

Gas gauge was screwing up as well with an MIL and codes were fuel level sending units. Had both replaced and fixed that and the light. No other codes. Never happened again and I wrote it off as some freaky weird ****.

Well today she does it again. Sounds perfect, revs all the way, however slowly, no MIL and nothing else seems wrong besides the same absolute lack of power... And guys I mean quite literally a 1994 civic base model could have destroyed me taking off. Every gear the same no difference other than the gradual slow down in acceleration due to hearing. Not really noticeable with no power though. So I left off and hit it in 3rd and not even any kick as far as sudden deceleration/acceleration. She still rev matched on downshifts just slowly. It was like a valet mode or something with power cut. So I pulled over shut the car off. Opened the door and closed it. Locked her as if I got out. Unlocked, opened closed, start, takeoff and she's perfect again... What gives anyone ever hear of anything like this???

Thanks in advance and yes I did a search please read all before assuming... No clutch slip, no funny sounds, no MIL, just extremely slow in every gear like someone tuned all the power out of her. Temps on both days by the way we're well above freezing 60's/70's first time in Arkansas second time in Dallas where I am now. Both times she was let to warm up and sit running while I got ready for school or work.
theZspot is offline   Reply With Quote