View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 04:58 PM   #15 (permalink)
Fun42
Base Member

Drives: 370 Z Sports Pkg
Fun42 is on a distinguished road
Default Update and install of speakers...

Hi Everyone,

I am a couple of days into owning my Z now and enjoying it. It is hard to follow the suggested break-in. Not that I want to take the car to the red-line, but it is easy to jump to 4000 rpm quickly in every gear, especially 1-3. Overall, no real complaints about the car. It is nice!

New speakers and Amp: Yesterday, I had some new speakers and an amp installed. Not too much power, but enough to sound good on the base model. I kept the head unit. There are spots for two rear speakers (not used on the base model). I did not have speakers installed there, but imagine the wire is there if want to do something later. Also, had my Valentine 1 hard-wired… looks like the posts by Semtex.

A tip for speaker install for those who may not be experienced with G37 and 370Z…. If door panels are removed, you have to re-set the windows after the install by following the sequence in the owner’s manual. Otherwise, the windows will lower down slightly when exiting the vehicle but will not close the gap when you close the door. Also, the auto-up feature will not work. This was a learning for me.

Hope to do tinting next week – wanted to get the speakers done first so would not interfere with tint job. Thinking about doing the Berk HFC’s offered by DDM.
Fun42 is offline   Reply With Quote