View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 09:45 PM   #584 (permalink)
travisjb
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: VIR
travisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSlicks View Post
True, we max out at about 70 mph, occasionally 80 on our course. It teaches you to have fast hands and reactions, drive by the seat of your pants style. When you get to the track you have to unlearn the fast steering inputs and aggressive throttle inputs but first time track drivers that have auto-x experience almost always do better their first time out because they are comfortable with their vehicle.

I love both auto-x and track but for different reasons. Both ultimately make you a better driver.
... I remember doing some autocross and road courses back to back a few years ago and getting literally yelled out by my instructor for the excessive steering inputs on the road course!... he was right of course
2009 370Z #104
*For Sale*
travisjb is offline   Reply With Quote