View Single Post
Old 01-19-2015, 12:24 AM   #555 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

The flow results are in but sadly only for 1. The lower before and after and 2. The upper and lower together after.

We will be doing more soon with 1. TB before and after, 2. upper before and after. 3. upper and lower before. 4. everything together before. and 5. everything together after.

We have taken this on to see where we were and where we could be to improve for a before and after of everything and by themselves. I specifically machined a port template for the application for this purpose. The stock flow on a regular 370z lower manifold is 335cfm. We then ported the lower and when complete we managed to get an extra 4 to 6 cfm per port! Here is where it kind of sucks...since we where pressed for time we only got the upper port matched result without the throttle bodies to the lower. The overall flow for the entire upper and lower port matched assembly now flows 270cfm. We obviously need the before upper and before upper/lower.

Not a lot of material is left to try and go bigger on either same. We can see the bottle neck is in the upper plenum design but it's a good "out of the factory" part for production purposes. We removed as much as we could get away with to allow sound structural integrity. I'm sure you FI guys don't want your mani to burst.

Everything is still set for some more testing as well so I guess are data isn't completely said and done but most of the hard stuff is addressed!

Stay tuned!

Shawn