View Single Post
Old 01-18-2015, 07:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
grandpawmoses
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: a hard bargain
grandpawmoses has a reputation beyond reputegrandpawmoses has a reputation beyond reputegrandpawmoses has a reputation beyond reputegrandpawmoses has a reputation beyond reputegrandpawmoses has a reputation beyond reputegrandpawmoses has a reputation beyond reputegrandpawmoses has a reputation beyond reputegrandpawmoses has a reputation beyond reputegrandpawmoses has a reputation beyond reputegrandpawmoses has a reputation beyond reputegrandpawmoses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvfreakazoid View Post
I'm curious when its a good month to buy a car?
Some say wait to the end of the yr to get the best deals. Or go when they r about to close.
Im looking to buy a Z.
At a local dealership, I think its a dodge dealership they have a 2014 and I think it has the sport package. Not sure if does but by looking at the rims (19" 275 rear, and 19" 245 front)it seems it does have the sports package.
It seems like a base with sport. Has cloth seats and no power seats.
It has little over 8k miles and last time I checked it was listed for $29,999.
I can put a large down payment probably 20k+.
Any suggestions to get the best OTD price. Best way to haggle with them?
I would really like to stay below 30k.
I read that don't tell the dealer how much u r going to put down.
Any suggestions.
Thanks.

Also since this isn't at a Nissan dealership can u buy a warranty at Nissan dealership?
I would also like to add a back up camera, the z came with a aftermarket touch screen radio/nav.
I assume Nissan could add a camera for the 2014 model.
Sport will also have the spoiler on the trunk.
Start your first offer $2~3k less than KBB & work from there. They'll take you serious then.
I'd get my own best finance rate pre-hand as used car rates can be high at dealers. Usually the larger the down payment, the cheaper the rate as you are more into positive equity.
Too bad you're not close to Alabama, the Chevy dealer I traded mine into still has it on the lot & asking $32k. 2014, solid red coupe, touring (leather & Bose), sport, nav, auto, & 4K miles. I'd vouch for it's condition as it was my baby. It'd be a nice road trip.

Last edited by grandpawmoses; 01-18-2015 at 07:14 AM.
grandpawmoses is offline   Reply With Quote