View Single Post
Old 01-16-2015, 11:48 PM   #13 (permalink)
Fuzzzy
Track Member

Drives: 2014 370Z 7AT MR
Fuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairladyZ10PG View Post
I guess I'll contribute

This happened in august 14

the lady who hit me changed her story and told her insurance company that I hit her

I had to go through a lawyer to have everything resolved

Hope that won't be the case in your situation

Good luck!
Similar situation happened to me. Weird circumstances. I was trading a '78 280Z (IIRC) for an '85 300ZX. I was not expecting to reach a deal on that visit, but we did. I did not have my title with me, so the dealership wanted me to go home to get it--only a couple of miles. For some reason, they wanted me to drive one of their "demonstrators" rather than my old car.

It was drizzling and I met an oncoming car in a curve in our subdivision, and I knew she was going to slide into me well before she did but I had no "escape route." Fortunately, there was nothing more serious than some huge dents to the vehicle I was driving. She admitted responsibility, and sheriff's deputies came but issued no tickets. I went back to the dealership, told them the story, and they told me they would deal with the lady's insurance company. I drove the 300ZX home!

The next day the dealership called to inform me that the woman's husband had called them and denied her being responsible for the accident, and that they would expect me to cover the damages to their demonstrator. I called my agent and related the story. He laughed, assured me that the dealership was on the hook and for me not to worry about it. I never heard another word about it.

Good luck, OP!
Fuzzzy is offline   Reply With Quote