Thread: Clutch issue!
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2015, 07:01 PM   #15 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairladyZ10PG View Post
wish me luck and I'll try to see if the dealership can get an aftermarket CSC
Since I see you have a Platinum Graphite, I assume it is out of warranty. Or do you have an extended warranty? If it's not under warranty, I recommend you try to find a high quality performance shop to do the work. Consider yourself lucky if the dealer agrees to install an aftermarket part. It's not totally unheard of, just extremely rare. If it's under warranty, your best bet may be to eat the cost of the aftermarket part of your choice ($300ish vs $100ish for OEM CSC) and get the dealer to do the labor under warranty. If you're really lucky, you might even get them to reimburse you the cost of an OEM CSC to offset your costs a bit. Don't hold your breath.

I will reiterate the CMC replacement. If you don't replace it, the chances are high that it will fail soon. They are prone to failure as well. Although it is not a labor-intensive install like the CSC.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote