Thread: Car Problem
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2015, 06:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
PhantaPhanta
Base Member

Drives: '14 370Z Black AT
PhantaPhanta is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis370Z View Post
I've got an AT as well and think I know what you're referring to. I agree that it is probably just the downshift that you're noticing. The AT likes to hang in gear while you're slowing down, bringing down the RPMs, until it downshifts in to the next lowest gear, causing "the kick" that you mentioned.

One question - do you notice "the kick" more after you've done a little spirited driving? If so, I would say it's totally normal. My AT seems to shift harder (both up an down), even under light throttle, after I have had a little fun. My guess would be that the this is just part of the ECU learning your habits. After I begin driving normally, it doesn't shift nearly as firm.

Hope this helps.
Helps alot. I mean if this is "normal" then yeah I can totally live and deal with it. It only bothers me because I kept worrying there is something wrong with the car. As for your question yes, when I first got the car, it didn't kick. So.. it was like 67 Miles and I just you know.. first time in the 370z pushed it but around 1000 miles, i notice the kicks.

Thanks for your reply. It makes me happy. :]
PhantaPhanta is offline   Reply With Quote