View Single Post
Old 01-16-2015, 04:23 PM   #37 (permalink)
victorofhavoc
Base Member

Drives: 2014 370z
victorofhavoc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nis350 View Post
You are obviously making assumption that the Swift springs are progressive and they are not. You're making statements without the fact and experience.

There are many people here have Swift springs and like them.

'Performance' is very subjective, but if you are referring to pure tracking duty, I doubt that any after-market springs with stock shocks are good enough. You probably have to spent tons of cash and replace most of the suspension components and 'TUNE' it according to the type of track.

All of the after market springs such as Swift is for those who want improvements over the OEM's with fairly low cost and Swift is one of the better one for that purpose.
Yeah I don't support any aftermarket spring without proper dampening for any racing/performance driving whatsoever. Experience I have plenty of, and I've seen the swift springs everyone has (type r) in person and they are definitely progressive.

Edit: meant that most people have, not everyone.

Read the post below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValidusVentus View Post
I think if you can grab the nismo springs and dampers as a package for around 500 bucks and then pair them with adjustable anti roll bars it will be money well spent. Yes you can pick up cheap 3000000 way adjustable damping "coilover" kits for a little over 1k but who knows what the adjusters truly do and you likely don't need them anyway. Koni yellows are not a bad option but I personally couldn't tell you what range of spring they were designed to dampen. Perhaps Koni will , and you can pair them up accordingly. And just to clear up a debate here. Swift makes both progressive (Type R) springs as well as linear (Swift Race Springs) for the 370. You can tell them apart visually with a glance.
I agree with you there. For 4-500 that would be a solid deal.

I thought the swift race springs were standard fit for 3 different coilover sizes only? Do they make a linear spring that fits the stock suspension? have a link by chance?