View Single Post
Old 01-16-2015, 09:31 AM   #30 (permalink)
Joker_J
Track Member

Drives: 2014 NISSAN 370Z
Joker_J is a splendid one to beholdJoker_J is a splendid one to beholdJoker_J is a splendid one to beholdJoker_J is a splendid one to beholdJoker_J is a splendid one to beholdJoker_J is a splendid one to beholdJoker_J is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishuko View Post
well if you look at where the filters are located relative to the grill you dont have to worry. unless you wash by yourself and you take a hose nozzle stick it into the grill point it up and spray the filters.... then no you can't drive off...

in fact a lot of people like to wash then drive to a speed to air dry. i usually dry as much as i can. do a rip around and then QD the water spots (friken side mirrors seem to soak up water and pee it out after grrr)

tldr; conventional washing will not hamper you from driving right away
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsarver View Post
Nah you wouldn't be hosing down your filters at the car wash haha. Drive in, do your wash, and drive out. These are all behind the bumper or under the hood and should remain dry.

..... Mishuko you beat me to it haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishuko View Post
lol it's all good!

i have even tossed a bucket of light soap water and sponged the underside of the hood and sprayed it down inside at the end of the driving season and drove off with no issues either.

the intakes are placed in a location thats relatively shielded from the elements!
There should be a link where everyone can search and this pops up for their answer haha
Joker_J is offline   Reply With Quote